1 of your friends
already grabbed this deal:
From $499 for a Tranzalpine Christchurch to Greymouth Escape for Two People incl. Rail Journey, Car Rental, Accommodation, Transfer for Greymouth Station to Hotel & a $50 Hotel Dining Voucher (value $879)
- Hop on a train and experience one of the world's greatest train journeys.
- Get up to 43% off a Tranz Alpine and Kingsgate hotel escape for two people
- Enjoy a $50 food and beverage voucher and full buffet breakfasts during your stay.
- Take in beautiful sights of the Canterbury plains and Arthur's Pass.
- Relax in your stunning hotel room with a riverside location.
In the American Old West, train robberies were a frequent occurrence often glamorised in old Hollywood films. Thank goodness they beefed up security since then and the fact that we live in beautiful old New Zealand.
Get up to 43% off a Tranz Alpine and Kingsgate hotel escape for two people from
Gitaway Promotions and choose from the following three options:
- Pay $499 for a one-way rail journey on the Tranz Alpine (Christchurch to Greymouth), transfer from the station to your hotel, two nights in a standard hotel room and a $50 hotel dining voucher.
- Pay $649 for a one-way rail journey, transfer from the station to your hotel, two nights in a standard hotel room, three day car rental in Greymouth (you can take your rental car to Christchurch, Queenstown, Dunedin or Picton – extra cost and minimum five day hire applies) and a $50 hotel dining voucher
- Pay $729 for a return rail journey, transfer from the station to your hotel and return, two nights in a standard hotel room and a $50 hotel dining voucher
Tranz Alpine Scenic Train
Travelling between Christchurch and Greymouth, this scenic train ride is one of the most famous in the world. From your carriage you'll take in views of the Canterbury Plains and the gorges and river valleys of the Waimakariri River. You'll then reach the Southern Alps before ending up in the West Coast town of Greymouth. Ideal for honeymooners or anyone with a keen sense of adventure, this is one long ride where you'll never find yourself twiddling your thumbs.
Kingsgate Hotel: Greymouth
Located right in the centre of town, the Kingsgate Hotel offers comfortable and modern furnishings with easy access to the West Coast's scenic attractions. Your standard room including Sky TV, internet connection, tea and coffee making facilities and a mini bar. Use your $50 dining voucher at Alberts Restaurant which can be found right on site. Serving breakfast lunch and dinner you'll be set for a fine meal to give you energy for the day ahead, or a quiet dinner after a long and exciting day.
Bookings must be made before 15th March 2013 – Coupons become invalid after this date.
- Once all components of the package have been confirmed these arrangements cannot be changed or amended without incurring hefty amendment fees. All services are based on “instant purchase” rules and therefore the various Principals conditions apply. We strongly recommend taking out a Domestic Cancellation travel insurance policy to cover against unforeseen circumstances that may arise. Cost from $20 per person.
- The Northern Explorer package price includes two persons travelling together and staying in the same room. Additional costs will be incurred should a third person (adult or child) wish to travel with the coupon holder (prices on application).
- Changes (where permissible) to the original offer will incur a fee (price on application)
- Departures are daily departing Christchurch at 08:15am or 1:45pm from Greymouth excluding Christmas Day.
- Stays must be consecutive days. Extra days can be requested (at an additional cost).
- Hotel rooms can normally accommodate up to three persons utilising existing bedding configuration.
- Extra cost is incurred if the 3rd person is an adult. Rollaway (when allowable and available) will incur an extra charge. Not all rooms can accommodate a rollaway.
- Rail services are subject to operational necessities and can be affected by maintenance requirements. Where, for reasons outside of Gitaway's control, any component of your package is unavailable (for example due to weather conditions, mechanical failure or maintenance, change of schedule or other circumstances) they reserve the right to substitute reasonable alternative components to your package. Any changes to your original bookings due to unforeseen circumstances may incur additional charges to you. Insurance cover is strongly recommended
- Three day hire (must be consecutive days)
- Can be taken at any time during your stay
- Additional days can be arranged should you require your car for a longer period. An extra charge will be incurred for hires beyond the three days
- Package price (when car option chosen) includes: Automatic 4 door 1.5L sedan (or similar)
- Insurance to reduce excess down to $0 (this amount does vary between suppliers) is not included and can be purchases at time of car pick up. Driver/s must be over 18 yrs of age or older holding a full driver’s license (in English or with a suitable translation)
- Car upgrades available (at an additional charge)
- Vehicle rental is based on a Greymouth depot pickup with a drop off at Greymouth depot. For those wishing to drop the vehicle at Christchurch, Queenstown, Dunedin or Picton, this is permissible (at an extra cost and a minimum 5 day hire). Your booking Agent will assist with this.
- High Season Surcharge of $5 per day for rentals from current to 10 APR 13
- Reservations are based on Gitaway Promotions “L” pricing category.
- As stays in our hotels, especially during the peak season, may vary on a daily basis our booking agent will provide the various options to you while discussing your travel requirements
- Travel can be taken either between Christchurch and Greymouth or Greymouth to Christchurch, Queenstown, Dunedin or Picton (extra cost applies and a minimum 5 day hire)
- Bookings will only be accepted by using the Gitaway online booking form.
- Where for reasons outside of Gitaway's control any component of your package is changed or becomes unavailable (for example due to weather conditions, mechanical failure or maintenance, change of schedule or other circumstances) they reserve the right to substitute reasonable alternative components to your package.
- Additional costs may be incurred and therefore it is strongly advised that you have adequate insurance to cover these circumstances. Each replacement component of your package is subject to any additional terms and conditions of the relevant service provider.
- All services are subject to operational / maintenance necessities and can therefore can be affected by unforeseen requirements. Insurance is strongly recommended